Saturday, December 20, 2008

A night with the Osmond Brothers!

What a great night! For those of you who know me, the Osmonds were an incredible example to me. It was the type of family I always wished I had! So, when the weather men predicted a bad snow storm on the night of the Osmonds concert at Mohegun Sun, I knew nothing could be bad enough to keep me from going. Les tried to talk sense into me but my mind was made up. He had two choices, come with me or not. He came.. thank goodness, I needed someone to take pictures. Because of the weather, we got to sit right up close. First they asked if anyone was celebrating an anniversery. Luckily, we were. 19 years! So they talked to us for a few seconds from the stage. Then Merrill came out into the audience to have people sing bits and pieces of a Christmas song. Yes, he came to me. I snuck in a hug and sang. For the life of me I can't remember what. I just remember it being on key(thank goodness!!). The show was so great. But the best part was afterwards, they do a meet and greet. We got to pose for pictures and talk with each one for a few minutes. I got to explain the impact they had on me and that they were my original missionaries for our church ( The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints / Mormons). They reacted so positively and warmly that I almost cried. Wayne was the best though. He asked us lots of questions about our membership in the church and if we had been sealed in the temple. I felt like I was talking to my Bishop! He just seemed so thrilled. They were all great! It was so worth the 2 hour ride in a blinding snow storm!!

3 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

Oh my Gosh!!!!!! I am so excited for you. I know what they mean to you. Every time I am on the strip and see Donny and Marie's faces I think of you! I am so excited for you. I am so glad you went!

llw said...

That is so exciting that you got to meet them! Marie lives in our stake (I've never met her), but everytime I drive past her neighborhood I think of you!

Unknown said...

What a cool experience! I'm so glad that you were able to meet them. That must have been some Christmas present! Love you, Summer